Sunday, April 19, 2009

Turmeric(Curcuma Longa) Flower

That's the first time I have noticed turmeric flowers. Each time I plant turmeric(curcuma longa or common turmeric), I dig it after its growing period, but since a couple of years ago, I have left a couple of plants untouched. I let them grow for a season, dry out and grow again to get a bigger rhizome.

I had completely forgotten about those plants (I don't even water them as it is raining quite often), and today, while weeding(Neglect your garden a couple of weeks, and they'll come harrassing you) that part of my garden, I got gobsmacked: Two of the turmeric plants have flowers. They were awesome!! Have a look:
Two flowers of Turmeric plant

This one seems older

Looks like a newer flower

The flower stalk emerges from a leaf stalk

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

^ Scroll to Top